Tuesday, June 3, 2014

This Week in Training

Last Monday on Memorial day Maryann and I met up with several of the JDRF Utah/Idaho chapter team riders and went for a fun ride up Emigration Canyon. 26 miles round trip from the park and ride with a nice little rest and grub at a delicious diner just up from the mouth of the canyon. Usually I would have carb loaded on their famous Mile High Biscuits and Gravy but since I am cutting for my fight I tried out the artichoke heart omelette smothered with some of their special honey hot sauce. I don't think they have anything on the menu that is short of amazing. If you are ever in the area make it a destination to stop at Ruth's Diner.


Training for my fight is coming along great! I have integrated Pilates into my routine and I can really feel the difference in functional strength from going to Shar's class at The Pit Elevated.



I leave practice exhausted having trained with some of the best mixed martial artists around. Cyler Sanderson came in and ran practice on Monday and was truly a great experience to learn from such a great wrestler.


No comments:

Post a Comment